Install Debian from within another distro

Cleverson Casarin Uliana clever92000 at yahoo.com.br
Tue Oct 12 09:27:08 EDT 2010

OK, I grabbed it and added your personal directory to my bookmarks. Just
some more questions:

I guess there is no beep to indicate when to enter boot options, right?
How can I activate software speech? Is it possible to change
voices/languages?

Apart from having speech, does it behave like any standard netinstall image?

Is there any special trick for speakup, or it will read all of the
installer straight away?

I suggest placing a README file at the same directory where the images
are, explaining those accessibility related options.

Thanks for your attention and patience.

Em 12/10/2010 09:48, Samuel Thibault escreveu:
> Cleverson Casarin Uliana, le Tue 12 Oct 2010 09:40:25 -0300, a écrit :
>> Thank you Tyler and Luke. Debootstrap seems good, but it lacks audio and
>> accessibility settings. I recall that Samuel had created some unofficial
>> talking image, but haven't found where to grab it.
>
> I guess someone with proper rights should add a page with such links, as
> such question keeps repeated over and over on mailing lists...
>
> http://people.debian.org/~sthibault/
>
> the espeakup images, the -2 variant are more recent and should be
> working, but nobody answered by call for testing.
>
>> Does it have software speech?
>
> Official Debian images already have hardware speech, so my image is
> about adding software speech, yes.
>
>> What's its state, is it working yet?
>
> It should be working, at least it works for me, but nobody confirmed
> this.
>
> Samuel

Cleverson