enlarging terminal

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Tue Nov 2 04:29:46 EDT 2010

Hi Igor,
On Mon, Nov 01, 2010 at 09:13:14PM -0400, Igor Gueths wrote:
> Hi all. A while back I used to use the Stty hack for enlarging my console i.e.,
> stty cols 200 rows 81. However, in later kernels this method no longer works.
> Therefore, I wondered what us Speakup users are doing these days to enlarge our
> consoles? Is Svgatextmode still a viable option? Failing that, maybe a
> framebuffer is the next best thing? Anyway, I just wondered what the general
> consensus was. Thanks and regards,

I have added vga=773  to my kernel line in the grub menu.lst file,
which gives me 48 lines of 128 columns.

Chuck

                My personal website: hallenbeck.ftml.net
        Software: edway.ftml.net, and Blog: edway.wordpress.com
        My Jabber ID: chuckh1 at jabber.org (beware the silent h!)
                                --------
         You're not an alcoholic unless you go to the meetings.