Setting text console dimensions via Grub2

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Wed May 19 16:49:50 EDT 2010

Alonzo wrote:
> If you can tell me how to check the dimentions of the terminal with speakup
> I'll check mumy configuration of grub2 and see if I can help.

Hi Alonzo,
Here's how you can find the position of the bottom right corner of the
screen.
Press speakup + numpad 3 to go to the bottom edge, followed by
speakup numpad 1 to go to the right edge.
Press the period key on the numpad to hear the current position.
If you're on a laptop, replace that sequence with the following:
capslock control p
capslock control period
and capslock n.

Anyway, this will give you the dimensions of the terminal.

-- Chris