speakup, read all and espeakup

Rynhardt Kruger rynkruger at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 12:18:26 EDT 2010

Hi,
I have been trying to use the read all function (read_all_doc,
speakup+r) with espeakup. It just read the first sentence, and then
stops. From what i've been able to discover, espeakup isn't sending the
indexing information to speakup so that it can send it the next chunck
of text to speak. It workswith speechd-up, but speechd-up seams not to
be compleatly compatible with the newest speech-dispatcher (all
punctuation is spoken even if punct levels are on 0 and "caps" is said
before every capital in the text). My question is, is there any plans to
add the indexing feature to espeakup in the near future? I'm trying to
add it myself, but I don't know the espeakup code well enough.

Take care,

Rynhardt