Speakup and 2.6.33

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 19:42:42 EDT 2010

Igor Gueths wrote:
> The only problem is this laptop doesn't have a serial port, so even though I
> have a Doubletalk, that won't help in this case.

Ok, so you're on a laptop.  Do you know how your console speaker beep
sound is made?  I'm betting that it's through your sound card.
And that's probably what got me thinking about sound issues originally.
Can you disable the console beep somehow?  If you do, are you still having
trouble?
I really don't know much about this sort of thing.
Maybe someone else has more clue than I do.

-- Chris