New Member

Garrett Klein garrettklein at comcast.net
Sun Mar 14 14:23:49 EDT 2010

I found Gentoo slowly corrupts itself over time, with the portage cache
and what not. I also had a strange udev problem. With Arch, I get the
minimalism of Gentoo with x86_64-optimized packages, with the ability to
rebuild anything from source if desired. Arch's rc.conf system is also
simpler than Gentoo's system V style init scripts, and creating one's
own packages is so much simpler with makepkg than with portage.

Garrett