Fedora 12 and speakup

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Mar 4 01:49:34 EST 2010

This is a trivial edit that we've recommended on the Speakup Modified
home page for some time.

Simply open /etc/asound.conf in your favorite text editor and comment
line 9. This is the line that loads pluseaudio, so if you place a hash
symbol, aka pound sign, aka octothorp, there--namely the '#'
symobl--you'll prevent pulseaudio
Simply open /etc/asound.conf in your favorite text editor and comment
line 9. This is the line that loads pluseaudio, so if you place a hash
symbol, aka pound sign, aka octothorp, there--namely the '#'
symbol--you'll prevent pulseaudio from loading.

Make this edit, save and exit, and your changes will shortly take
effect.

Janina