Fedora 12 and speakup

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Wed Mar 3 12:41:55 EST 2010

Hello,
I don't know whether it does prevent things in the standard
configuration but on the orca list Halim suggested editing the
/etc/asound.conf file so that pulseaudio goes through a dmix and so
won't block the actual hardware device. Sorry I don't have the exact
link to hand but I am sure if you look back through the orca list
archives you will find the configuration posted.

Michael Whapples