we need a new way to access serial ports

acollins at icsmail.net acollins at icsmail.net
Sun Jun 27 15:49:34 EDT 2010

Hi all.  You could write a serial connector that would read the
softsynth device, and write to the specified /dev serial device.  That
would mean you couldn't start speakup until after the file systems were
mounted, but you'd be no worse off than you are now using a software
synth.  Plus the serial access could access all kinds of serial devices.

Gene