sound and speakup howto

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Mon Jun 14 12:17:12 EDT 2010

Have you tried using the speechd-up package from the GRML repository?
You can find the GRML repository at http://deb.grml.org and it follows
the standard layout of debian repositories (look in folder "pool", then
in "main", look in "s" and then go to the speechd-up directory).

To answer the question of compiling from source. Are you sure you have
all the required *-dev packages, remember debian separates the headers
into separate packages.

Michael Whapples