The Sound issue of SpeakUp with Ubuntu 10.04 (lusid)

Pia pmikeal at comcast.net
Sat Jul 24 14:10:45 EDT 2010

I am using Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx 64bit and it talks great.  You might
have to use alsamixer and alsactl to get the sound where you want it, but
I am using espeak and espeakup rather than speech-dispatcher.  I find way
less problems, ie more stability, faster response and more efficiency with
espeakup than with speech-dispatcher.  It makes my machine feel way
faster.  Just a hint in case this helps or has to do with the problem.

HTH,

Pia