The Sound issue of SpeakUp with Ubuntu 10.04 (lusid)

Janitha Rukmal janitharukmal at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 11:59:27 EDT 2010

  Hi all,
I installed Ubuntu  V10.04 on my Linux box and found out Orca to be
pretty nice on Gnome inthis new addition. So I wish to use it too. But
the problem occurred when I pulled Speakup from git and set it up on my
machine. Now Orca comes up but doesn't speak. I wonder whether it's
still that pulseaudio issue or something else.
Anyway I'm not a Linux expert and so hope somebody would help me out in
this matter.
I googled for a solution but didn't find one yet. I have to also mention
that I don't have a hardware synth and I prefer the default softsynth
for the moment cause I can't afford to buy a hardware synth pretty soon.
It would be great if somebody could suggest a solution that enables me
to use the soft synth for both screenReaders.

Thanks in advance
--
Best regards
Janitha Rukmal