FC9-and-Sound?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Sat Jul 17 00:03:18 EDT 2010

OK, yes, now for 2years I am still in FC9, running a Dec-Talk-USB, luckily not
any software speech.  You see, mysteriously with no warning the next time I
play audio of any kind, I cannot.  Mplayer says "resource temporarily
available.  Maybe 18months ago, Bill Acker said I had to exit out of all
consoles--and-login again.  Yes, that sure fixes it.  I found later I could
exit 1 console, but now today 1 console does nothing.  Do any of you of a
specific reason why sound hangs in FC9?  I have an mp3Blaster.  Bill thought it
was an FC9 bug, but in searching google, I could not find this specific
trouble.
Thanks so much in advance
Hart