vinux 3.0 puzzle

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Jul 9 21:11:07 EDT 2010

A friend verified orca comes up on Vinux 3.0 but it only does so silently.
The strange thing is that on the identical hardware loading
Vinux-2.1-cli-max comes up talking just fine.  The sound card is an intel
i8210 built onto the motherboard.  I have a diamond sound card I think
might install into the computer though I have no idea what if anything
Vinux is likely to do with that.  Could it be Vinux switched from alsa to
pulse audio and while the sound card was supported by alsa is not
supported by pulse audio?  I've got good md5sums on the disks I've
downloaded too, so that's not an issue here either.