still no luck with litetalk and latest speakup

William Hubbs w.d.hubbs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 17:32:08 EDT 2010

Hi Josh,

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 08:39:49AM +0000, Joshua Lambert wrote:
> I'm still not able to get speakup to see my litetalk with linux-2.34 and
> latest git.  My serial ports are there and working.  I can echo things to
> my synth on ttyS0, but speakup won't see the synth.  What changed in the
> kernel between 2.6.33 and 34 that makes this happen?

I'm still not sure, because I do not have the issue here.  I have a
triple talk on a serial port, which works like a litetalk, and I'm
running 2.6.34 fine with the latest git.

Also, there is an issue with the audapter, which is another serial
synthesizer, that appears in 2.6.34.

What do you see in dmesg when you try to load speakup with the litetalk?

Thanks,

William