Speakup Interrupting Other Audio?

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Sat Jan 30 16:25:39 EST 2010

Hi.  I see the same problem here.
Since others don't seem to have it, I finally decided it was specific to my hardware.
Here, it happens with any serial synth.  I say "any", but I've only tested with the Accent SA and the Doubletalk LT,
since that's the 2 synths I own.
My solution is to use software speech with espeakup, since it doesn't have the problem.
It happens with mplayer or ogg123, haven't tried other players.

Speakup version 3.1.3.  Kernel version 2.6.32 running on Debian Sid last updated this morning.

          Kenny