Speakup 3.1.4 is here

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 18:34:02 EST 2010

Hi all,
We're proud to announce the latest release of Speakup: version 3.1.4.
This is a minor release, and we haven't done one of those in a while.
Here are the notable changes.

* The utility scripts talkwith and speakupconf now have accompanying manpages,
thanks to Samuel Thibault.
* Talkwith works with Bourne shells other than bash.
* Plenty of updates to the Dectalk Express driver.
Each of the Dectalk's multiple voices has its own default pitch
and volume.  If you change voices, Speakup resets the pitch and volume to the
defaults for the new voice.
Setting the volume of the Dectalk Express now works correctly.  Also,
a trailing space is sent at the end of commands.
* A one-line change was necessary so that Speakup could compile against
the 2.6.32 kernel.

You may obtain the latest release from the following link:
<ftp://linux-speakup.org/pub/speakup/speakup-3.1.4.tar.bz2>

-- Chris