ot, spamassassin question

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Jan 20 17:33:05 EST 2010

Well, I'm not sure about the bayesian plugin module but I know spamassassin
checks for some modules before trying to load them and if they aren't
available the features they are used for just don't work. So I suppose it's
possible that spamassassin would just go on merrily checking messages even
if the bayesian plugin is missing.

Man, now you're really testing my memory. There is a way to run the
spamassassin service in the foreground so you can see its output. It
displays a list of perl modules it looked for and whether it found them.  I
think if you just say, 'man spamassassin' you can find that.

But otherwise you can also check if the module is there in the perl
interpreter itself. Just type 'perl' at the command line and then 'Use
Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Bayes ;' Or you could write a quick script to do
it:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Bayes;

If the above 2 line script works, then the plugin is installed.   If you
installed spamassassin via a package manager, I would think all necessary
perl modules would be installed as dependencies.   It doesn't seem likely to
me that the plugin would be missing.