Speakup and PCI Express Serial Cards

Trevor Astrope astrope at tabbweb.com
Tue Jan 19 09:33:16 EST 2010

Hi William,

I tried hard coding the irq and i/o address of my serial card in
serialio.h and did a make clean, make and make modules_install, ran depmod
-a again to be sure and even rebooted, but the synth is still not being
detected.

Is there anything else I need to change in the source to hard code my
serial port?

Here is what I changed in serialio.h:

#ifndef SERIAL_PORT_DFNS
#define SERIAL_PORT_DFNS                        \
         /* UART CLK   PORT IRQ     FLAGS        */                      \
         { 0, BASE_BAUD, 0xCC, 16, STD_COM_FLAGS}, \
         /* { 0, BASE_BAUD, 0x3F8, 4, STD_COM_FLAGS },   /* ttyS0 */     \
*/
         { 0, BASE_BAUD, 0x2F8, 3, STD_COM_FLAGS },      /* ttyS1 */     \
         { 0, BASE_BAUD, 0x3E8, 4, STD_COM_FLAGS },      /* ttyS2 */     \
         { 0, BASE_BAUD, 0x2E8, 3, STD_COM4_FLAGS },     /* ttyS3 */
#endif

and here is what setserial shows for ttyS0:
/dev/ttyS0, Line 0, UART: 16950/954, Port: 0xcc00, IRQ: 16
         Baud_base: 115200, close_delay: 50, divisor: 0
         closing_wait: 3000
         Flags: spd_normal skip_test

Thanks,

Trevor