Man, I think the last Debian upgrade really trashed my system...

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Sun Jan 17 16:17:38 EST 2010

	Man, I dunno what happened to speakup, but I just did the Debian
upgrade and now speakup is repeating itself and warbling the sound
volume all over the place.  I would be typing something and it would
start repeating what I'd typed.  I finally had to disable espeakup and
the soft synth module to get control back.

	The synthesizer volume would "deflect" a bit, getting higher and
lower as it spoke the screen, and even switching back to the ltlk
module, it's skipping text and occasionally the first letter of the
beginning of a sentence.  How do I get back to the previous release?

				Michael

--
Linux User: 	177869                                       Powered by Intel