Speakup and PCI Express Serial Cards

Adam Myrow myrowa at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 15 21:15:48 EST 2010

On Fri, 15 Jan 2010, Trevor Astrope wrote:

> The serial port is provided by an Axxon pci express card.

I think that's the problem.  So far as I know, Speakup still doesn't
support serial ports that aren't built-in to the computer.  Since
computers generally don't come with serial ports anymore, that is a huge
problem.  Somehow, there needs to be a way to pass IRQ and port addresses
to the module so that such PCI serial cards can work.  I've never
encountered a PCI express serial card, so don't know if any special
support in the kernel is required, other than the obvious of having
support for PCI express in the first place.