Speakup and PCI Express Serial Cards

Trevor Astrope astrope at tabbweb.com
Fri Jan 15 11:38:18 EST 2010

Yeah, I thought the location was odd too. But it is indeed installed
there.

-rw-r--r--. 1 root root 222333 2010-01-14 10:03
/lib/modules/2.6.31.9-174.fc12.x86_64/speakup/speakup_dectlk.ko

I tried depmod -a again, but I still get the same result. The main speakup
module does get loaded, so modprobe does appear to be finding the module.
To be sure, I also tried insmod and get the same "No such device" error.

I'm curious if anyone else is using a hardware synth over a pci express
serial card to know if this situation is unique to me.

Kirk, I'm in Montreal, so it would be easy for me to send the card to you
if you have the time.

Thanks,

Trevor