Where am I on the Screen?

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 14:47:44 EST 2010

> 	I am been using speakup under vinux for a couple of
> weeks, now, and love it but I ran in to a problem while running
> the FreeBSD installation disk. Some of the selection screens
> have you use the arrows to move the highlight up and down but the
> cursor doesn't follow along so there is nothing useful to hear.

I'm betting that the FreeBSD installer uses the dialog program,
just like most text-mode Linux installers do.
You should do the following before starting any program that uses the
dialog utility:
export DIALOGOPTS='--visit-items'
Hopefully, that'll fix your issue, unless my first assumption was wrong.

-- Chris