What does it take to fork the kernel?

tony seth lp800 at samobile.net
Thu Feb 18 08:16:48 EST 2010

Hi there:  I can only really answer one of yer questions, but if you're
using software speech for Speakup, I don't think you'll have to worry
about rambling kernel messages, as software speech takes long enough
that you won't hear anything until you actually go to a console and hit
enter or something.  I didn't get rambling kernel messages until I
changed the modules file to load the doubletalk and now I get
everything, which I like.  Actually I remember the first time I
encountered Speakup on the Vinux 2.0 cd I liked knowing that when Orca
would die that I could just jump into a console and software speech
would just work, or I could switch over to the doubletalk if I wanted to.
Anyway, hope that helps a little, sorry for the rambling message...
Cheereo!