Orca Terminal vs. Speakup [Was Main advantages of SBL over Speakup]

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 14:52:09 EST 2010

Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:
> Hello!
> Ok, I've looked on this, but getty seems to have to do with serial stuff.
> The thing I want is more consoles that I can use for my programs, that ones =

No, getty isn't just for serial terminals.  It handles virtual consoles
as well.  For example, here's the line corresponding to virtual console 1
in my inittab:
c1:2345:respawn:/sbin/fgetty tty1
If I wanted a virtual console 7, I'd do something like:
c7:2345:respawn:/sbin/fgetty tty7
Yours probably looks different than mine, because I don't run the
version of getty that most of the rest of the Linux world uses.

HTH,
-- Chris