installing speakup on the netbook

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Fri Feb 12 14:46:45 EST 2010

Tyler,
On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 12:41:43PM -0700, Tyler Littlefield wrote:
> I was going off of what the guy at the store where I got it said, as I've not seen either brand before, I was looking around and it turns out the hardware from the lspci and that booted into grml didn't match an asus, so I went and had someone read the label to find the model. Turns out the guy can't read, and I've got an acer.
>
> It's talked about modprobe snd_intel_hda, and I've tried that as well as using dashes instead of underline, to no affect for audio. unmuting doesn't seem to have done anything, either.

I also have the intel hda, and on my system there is a third setting
that needs to be unmuted, in addition to Master and PCM. It is "Front"
so you would also enter this:

amixer sset Front 100% on

Chuck

          www.mhcable.com/~chuckh, or www.hallenbeck.ftml.net
                Audio editor weblog: edway.wordpress.com
                                --------
Linux: the operating system with a CLUE, (Command Line User Environment)