installing speakup on the netbook

Farhan i.am.farhan at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 14:23:04 EST 2010

Hello, I have a Asus  1000he, and I was abled to install archlinux on it
from the usb image.
The only thing I had to do was to turn off the quickboot option in the bios.
The quickboot partition enables the netbook to boot up quickly.
When I repartitioned my netbook I screwed up and got rid of the fastboot
partition and my Windows recovery partition.
Also, as a sidenote, when you use Linux on a 1000 series, like the ha or
he, you need to figure out some way of enabling the equal to the
super-he engine in Windows to enable the best battery life in Linux.
I think the superhe configurations come with the newest
laptop-mode-tools so you should be ok.
Farhan Khan