World writable speakup files in Linux next

Christopher Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Sat Dec 11 17:02:12 EST 2010

Greg KH <greg at kroah.com> writes:

> As I don't want to just blindly remove the world writable permissions on

Hah, hah!  This is very punny, though I'm certain that you didn't intend
to make a pun.  (Highlighting *blindly*).

> all of these files, could someone go through and verify which ones
> should and should not be world writable?

Personally, I'd say ditch the world-readable bit.  We should deal with
this in terms of groups.  The only user who should really be able to
write to these files is the one sitting at the console.

-- Chris