serial synth with kernel 2.6.35.2

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Aug 18 20:13:11 EDT 2010

I haven't upgraded the kernel on my system yet but I tried your
suggestions for the Speakout and no go.  I got nothing!  In the
meantime, I'm going to explore creating a serial module for Speech
Dispatcher; there may be some interest there for those who might wanna
use a serial synth on their systems with gnome and other subsystems
that rely on Speech Dispatcher.

I think my last message on the other serial thread included some
errors I got while trying to load the spkout module.