debian testing no speech after new install

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu Aug 5 18:17:54 EDT 2010

You mean you still have serial port access with your system? What
kernel version are you up to? I can't use serial ports for speech
anymore with my 2.6.34 kernel I'm not exactly sure when this was lost
but I thought this was across the board with the current version of
speakup and newer kernels.  I would love to be able to use my Speakout
once in a while.