speakup and vim problem with key echo

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Aug 3 22:04:57 EDT 2010

This is an interesting area but isn't utf-8 becoming the defacto
standard and the ultimately better way to go? I know when I switched
to utf-8 in elinks, some of the characters over 127 represent better
in elinks and speakup handles them quite well with proper descriptions
instead of those stupid %222 type symbols all over the place.  I
especially like this improvement while reading HTML type messages
inside of mutt.