Installing Archlinux on a USB Drive

JP Jamous JP at Jepelsy.com
Fri Apr 30 18:07:40 EDT 2010

Keith,

I am trying to learn more and more of it as my time allows. I blew all of my
partitions on that drive and dedicated the machine for Linux for now.

As far as Chris' work is concerned, yes he has done a damn good job. I have
been programming for the last 12 years and I know how frustrating it can be.
I am already compiling a list of improvements as I go by installing and
learning about Archlinux.

Does he have any control over the synthesizer? SpeakUp is great, but some of
my improvement suggestions point to the synthesizer. That's why I asked.

-----Original Message-----
From: speakup-bounces at braille.uwo.ca [mailto:speakup-bounces at braille.uwo.ca]
On Behalf Of Keith Hinton
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2010 4:50 PM
To: speakup
Subject: Installing Archlinux on a USB Drive

Also, as of now, the Talking Arch images that Chris has produced are hybrid
images. You'll be able to put them onto recordable media, or something else
capable of booting them. Chris has done an extremely good job at creating
these CD images and I've helped out with testing a bit.
A tip though if you are unsure of how the Arch installer works however, may
be to try something like this.
If you have a Windows machine, you may be able to run a virtual machine on
your computer. I will not discuss that process on this list-but am
suggesting it as a perfect testbed for any Linux related activity that you
may wish to try, especially if you do not have an available machine that is
dedicated exclusively to Linux.
That brings up a good question-why is it, that so many Linux documents
generally recommend having an exclusive machine dedicated to Linux itself
only, rather than the dual-boot and other similar setups? I've been trying
to figure that out for a while.
Keep up the work on the Speakup project everyone!

Sincerely,

--Keith