Installing Archlinux on a USB Drive

Keith Hinton keithint1234 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 16:50:28 EDT 2010

Also, as of now, the Talking Arch images that Chris has produced are
hybrid images. You'll be able to put them onto recordable media, or
something else capable of booting them. Chris has done an extremely
good job at creating these CD images and I've helped out with testing
a bit.
A tip though if you are unsure of how the Arch installer works
however, may be to try something like this.
If you have a Windows machine, you may be able to run a virtual
machine on your computer. I will not discuss that process on this
list-but am suggesting it as a perfect testbed for any Linux related
activity that you may wish to try, especially if you do not have an
available machine that is dedicated exclusively to Linux.
That brings up a good question-why is it, that so many Linux documents
generally recommend having an exclusive machine dedicated to Linux
itself only, rather than the dual-boot and other similar setups? I've
been trying to figure that out for a while.
Keep up the work on the Speakup project everyone!

Sincerely,

--Keith