Michael's ArchLinux Installation

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 18:05:15 EDT 2010

Michael Whapples wrote:
> for audio whilst installing, if the modified archlinux CD doesn't detect
> your sound card by default then may be try GRML (if GRML works but the
> archlinux CD doesn't then Chris may like to get some info from you so he
> can try and fix it).

You bet he would!
One person did have a sound issue recently, and that was fixed by
simply building him an new image with a newer kernel.

As an aside, the new TalkingArch images should be out soonish.
The x86_64 image is being built under qemu right now.  That's an
8-hour process.  For comparison, the 32-bit image takes less than an hour!
So once they're done, I'll do a little testing, upload, and write a release
announcement.  That will be tomorrow or Tuesday, I hope.

Michael, thank you for making that very nice collection of audio tutorials!
That's great work.

-- Chris