pasting sometimes causes a kernel panic

Derek Roberts bigd.vi.guy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 01:07:06 EDT 2010

Hey all,

My name is Derek Roberts. I've been using speakup and linux for a
while, but just subscribed to this list. (I've been using linux almost
exclusively for the past 2 and a half months, a *LOT* better than
vista!) I recently upgraded straight from Debian Lenny to Sid and am
loving all the new features, have only had the system crash a couple
times. For some reason, if I try pasting text into a console (this
doesn't seem to have any effect if it goes in a screen, but maybe it's
just random) it causes an instant kernel panic. I'm running kernel
version 2.6.32-3-686 on a 32 bit machine and using software speech
with espeakup. Any idea what's going on or how to fix it? Other than
those panics, the system has been perfectly stable (so much for debian
unstable! Ah well) and very fast.

Thanks,

Big D, a very happy convert from vista and jaws 10.
.i doi .pikytcus. mi cuxna ba'e do