Patching speakup in to Easy peazy?

Jennifer fluffy_bunny_1988 at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Sep 24 18:11:39 EDT 2009

Hey. I'm new to the list and fairly new to Linux. I've never re-compiled a kernel in my life but really want to be able to get messages from boot up to shutdown. I want to do this for a version of Ubuntu optimized for NetBooks. I currently have no hardware synthesizer, is this necessary in order to achieve speech output? Also will there be any problems because I am using a NetBook and is there any specific documentation relating to UBUNTU that I should read instead of a more general guide?

Thanks in advance
Jen!

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4455 (20090924) __________

http://www.eset.com