How to use espeakup, revisited...

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Wed Sep 23 01:32:49 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a further suggestion which might solve the below problem with
people not being informed of changes.  I know that Debian and all the
BSD branches do something similar.  That is to create a separate list
where new change logs would automatically be posted.  There was a list
called speakup-cvs for that purpose but it's dead now.  The reason for
making it a separate list is to avoid potentially cluttering this list
with excess traffic in which most people aren't interested.  For major
releases, an announcement can still be posted here as has been done
recently (thanks Chris and William) but for small changes, the output of
git-log could be posted to a new speakup-git list.  I think such a new
list would have moderate traffic.  Sometimes several days go by with no
activity but other times there are several small changes in a day.  I'm
fairly sure that git has a facility to do this.  The Linux kernel also
has a list which posts changes and it is kept in git.  I think I saw
something called git-mail but I could be imagining things.  Is this a
good idea?  I'm not skilled enough with git to do it myself, but perhaps
Kirk could create the list and someone could set this up.  Any thoughts?