How do I get to learn Linux & SpeakUp? Re: How to use espeakup

Alonzo mariachiac at aim.com
Tue Sep 22 23:38:40 EDT 2009

Hello,

Judging from the vinux docs you have to find the installer. it should be
located on the desktop. press control-alt-d and explore the desktop with the
arrows.
visit
http://live.gnome.org/Orca
And read how to use orca with gnome and read the reference for orca
keystrokes.
Otherwise using speakup in the console remains ontopic to the speakup list
so questions should be directed accordingly.
To get started with speakup though your numbpad is used for navigation with
speakup
zero is speakup key, 1-3 are to navigate by characters, 4-6 move by word,
7-9 are lines
Downloading the speakup tarball (zip files for linux) should help you get
started using speakup in the text console should you happen to explore linux
using the command line. You should find a folder called docs which should be
read. I don't recall off hand where the guide is located in the tarball as
I've not looked in a while.
You can also hear Michael Whapples's audio walk through installation of grml
to get a feel for how speakup works in the console.
Orca is related to the gnome desktop and questions involving Orca should be
sent to.
orca-list at gnome.org
live.gnome.org/Orca
should help you in finding the email address to suscribe to the orca email
list should you have any questions on how to use orca with the gnome desktop
and orca keystrokes.

I hope this helps.
alonzo