Using cat and echo

james collins james.collins75 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 09:21:28 EDT 2009

I got ckermit from the Internet. Ckermit is a terminal emulator, I
have also heard of zterm and coolterm. But I use a mac, so I don't
know if those programs would apply to your setup. On the ckermit
website under support I corresponded with a guy from Columbia
university, and using the lineout and transmit commands I was able to
get audio output. You will need a USB to serial adaptor, google it if
you can. One thing about USB to serial adaptors the USB end can have a
1.0 USB plug or 2.0 USB plug, both should work I think. The 2.0 is
faster and if you have a newer computer it might be better. But I
think the older style should also work. I don't remember the
manufacturer of my USB to serial adaptor, ftdi and prolific are to
makers of the chip sets in a lot of the USB to serial adaptors. You
will probally need a driver which you should be able to get from the
prolific and ftdi sites.

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 21, 2009, at 9:54 PM, "al Sten-Clanton" <Albert.E.Sten_Clanton at verizon.net