Espeakup sometimes produces core files when shutting down/rebooting

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Sun Sep 6 06:47:59 EDT 2009

On 05.09.2009 at 22:48:40 William Hubbs <w.d.hubbs at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> The best way for me to fix a core dump would be to have the backtrace
> from gdb with the debugging information turned on.  To do this, you will
> need to add -g to the CFLAGS when you are building espeakup, as follows:
>
> make CFLAGS="-g"
>
> Then, the next time you get a core dump, do the following:
>
> gdb espeakup_executible core_file
> bt
> quit

Now I got such a core file, and I'll attach the output of gdb, despite I
don't know. which messages you really need.
I have an idea of what's going on: Whenever I shut down/reboot my system
and let Speakup be activated, e.g. it talks, I get this file. When I
deactivate Speakup, and only use braille during shutting/rebooting,
there are no such core files.
Here's the output:

[New Thread 19012]
[New Thread 7759]