Ipods and Itunes - What are they all about?

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Tue Oct 27 20:24:29 EDT 2009

On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 11:00:49AM -0400, Alex Snow wrote:
> big and bloated as Itunes.  As for rockbox, I installed it for a little
> while but it seemed a little unresponsive and hard to use it's UI with

Really? I used rockbox on an ipod, and now on my sansa and also on an
iriver, and worked very well.

> the click wheel on the ipod.  Another slight irritation I found with it
> is that the wheel on an ipod doesn't click when used with rockbox, which
> would be nice to have on top of the speach output.

It should now, you just need a recent build from the last 6 months I
guess but if you get the latest build of rockbox, then go
settings>general settings>system>key click, that should do what you
want. I use it on my sansa and it works well, because that has a similar
wheel to the ipod, but it's not a touch wheel, it is just a wheel that
can be span.

Dan