Ipods and Itunes - What are they all about?

Glenn Ervin GlennErvin at cableone.net
Mon Oct 26 19:10:42 EDT 2009

To add to the comments about RockBox,
It can use any SAPI voice you have installed on your computer to set up for
the MP3 player.
RockBox works on other players/recorders besides iPods.
RockBox is a free replacement firmware for many players/recorders.
Many consider RockBox to be a superior to the native firmware.
You can dual-boot your native firmware and RockBox.
RockBox is free.
It can be downloaded and better understood at:
http://www.rockbox.org/
With RockBox, you can copy & paste your audio and/or video via accessing the
drive, like you would any other USB drive.
With the native firmware on most devices, you need to use their software to
access the drive, and you may not be able to put your own content on the
device.
None of the devices under RockBox will play DRM protected files, but you can
dual-boot to the native firmware, and it may work.
HTH.
Glenn