clipboard integration -- possible security implications

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 11:58:26 EDT 2009

Michael <gaijin at clearwire.net> wrote:
> 	What about people who want to copy text from one user account to
> another?  I presently enjoy that functionality, and would hate to see it
> restricted.

We aren't talking about restricting what people can do while they are sitting
at the console.  If you have two user accounts logged in at the console,
copy and paste between them all you like.
In fact, that would be fairly difficult to restrict.

This discussion is about integrating Speakup's clipboard with the X
clipboard, so that the Gnome folks can copy and paste between console and
GUI.  I don't believe that it can be done in a secure way.

-- Chris