Wireless card suggestions

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Thu Oct 8 17:20:45 EDT 2009

On -10/01/37 20:59, Willem van der Walt wrote:
[...]
> Yes you need to encrypt your wireless link because otherwize people can
> clim onto your network and use your resources.  It happened to me so I
> know.    Setting up your wireless link from the command-line does mean
> editing config files, but it is not that difficult.  In graphycal mode,
> there tools that does all of this for you.

This is one of the nice things included in GRML, a text setup tool for
networking including wireless, so no need to edit configuration files
manually when using a text console. When I used GRML and the
grml-network tool to configure wireless, it was the first time I got my
dad's wireless working reliably with encryption from Linux.

Michael Whapples