Getting Speakup working on a server Linux OS

Kelly Prescott prescott at deltav.org
Wed Nov 25 19:45:30 EST 2009

Personally what I do is to use a centos distribution and hand-compile
a kernel to work.
then I exclude kernel* from updates.
I have also used gentoo and debian as well.
debian is probably the easiest for this kind of thing.
still, I like the tight rpm integration of cent5.
Just my $0.02

=-- Kelly Prescott