Fetching from gmail

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Wed Nov 11 21:13:34 EST 2009

I have thought often about creating a macro to do the copying to trash
so to answer your question, that is exactly the command I use to do
this.  Earlier versions of mutt had a trash variable but it
disappeared with version 1.5.19 or so.  With that variable, I used to
be able to delete a message and it would be automatically moved to the
specified trash folder.  Dunno why it went away but when I looked
around in change logs and documentation, I couldn't even find
reference to it.  So it was like a ghost around here <smile>

What I do for threads presently, is to tag each message that I read
and want to delete; I do that with the 't' command.  When I'm out in
the folder and want to close out and purge the tagged messages, I just
do a ';' to prefix the next command for all tagged messages and then
do the 'C =Trash' and boom, all 98 or whatever many messages get moved
to Trash and this may take several seconds depending on the time.

Not bad all and all.