Speakup list as a Gmane newsgroup

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue Nov 10 00:56:20 EST 2009

Robert Epprecht  <speakup at braille.uwo.ca> wrote:
>Gregory Nowak <greg at romuald.net.eu.org> writes:
>
>> P.S. I wasn't aware this list was being carried on newsgroups, neat.
>
>Newsgroups: gmane.linux.kernel.speakup
>
>Gmane is nice. It carries a lot of mailinglists in the form of newsgroups
>and you can read and post as if it was a newsgroup.

It also has a search engine on the Web to help you find articles in the
archives of all the mailing lists that it carries. Xapian is used as the
information retrieval system, and, based on my experience, it has good
relevance ranking of search results.

One-time e-mail authentication per newsgroup is used to prevent abuse by
spammers. That is, the first time you post to a particular gmane.org
newsgroup, you will receive e-mail asking for confirmation, after which you
can post to the group as much as you wish and of course the original message
is forwarded.

Note: this message is being posted via gmane.org right now.