Problem with audio after reinstalling

Cheryl Ann Homiak cahomiak at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 12:09:35 EST 2009

Hello all.

After reinstalling on my thinkpad t23 (Debian squeeze), I get the
following error when mplayer is running and my crontab audio scripts which
pipe to espeakup try to run. I googled and found incidences of the same
error but haven't found the solution. What do I need to do about this?

Thanks.

Expression 'ValidateParameters( outputParameters, hostApi, StreamDirection_Out )' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 1142
Expression 'parameters->channelCount <= maxChans' failed in 'src/hostapi/alsa/pa_linux_alsa.c', line: 924

--
Cheryl

"Let the words of my mouth,
and the meditation of my heart,