openvpn configuration

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Mon May 18 13:22:15 EDT 2009

It looks like you're using Windows as a client.  Try setting the dns
server for the Openvpn tap device to the address of your server on the
VPN (like 10.8.0.1 unless you change something somewhere)...I've found
you need to do that in order to redirect traffic through the vpn.

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 01:08:18PM -0600, Tyler Littlefield wrote:
> Hello list,
> I'm currently trying to get openvpn going. I have the port open, but it's not letting me forward all traffic through, for some reason. Any ideas? I've provided my configs below
> #server:
> dev tun
> secret static.key
> keepalive 10 60
> ping-timer-rem
> persist-tun
> persist-key
> user nobody
> group nobody
> daemon
> plugin /usr/share/openvpn/plugin/lib/openvpn-auth-pam.so login
> push "redirect-gateway def1"
> #client:
> dev tap
> remote tds-solutions.net
> secret C:/static.key
> keepalive 10 60
> ping-timer-rem
> persist-tun
> push "redirect-gateway def1"
> resolv-retry infinite
> nobind
> proto udp
> I want to be able to connect from multiple sources, so I used dev tap.
>
> Thanks,
> Tyler Littlefield
> Web: tysdomain.com
> email: tyler at tysdomain.com
> My programs don't have bugs, they're called randomly added features.

We are using Linux daily to UP our productivity - so UP yours!
	-- Adapted from Pat Paulsen by Joe Sloan