samba

Juan Hernandez blindmagik at gmail.com
Sat May 16 06:13:30 EDT 2009

Hi there, below is my smb.conf, I use swat.  The drive 1, 2 and 3 shares
work great, but the users can't see their home dirs

Thanks

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from UNKNOWN ( )
# Date: 2009/05/16 02:35:40
[global]
workgroup = middle_earth
server string = Xion File Server
passdb backend = tdbsam
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 50
cups options = raw
[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba
printable = Yes
browseable = No
[drive 1]
comment = drive 1 storage area - audio books
path = /usr/drive1
valid users = juan, patty, tony, shaun, angie
read only = No
acl check permissions = No
acl map full control = No
create mask = 0660
security mask = 0660
directory mask = 0771
directory security mask = 0771
[drive 2]
comment = drive 2 storage area - music library
path = /usr/drive2
valid users = juan, patty, tony, shaun, angie
read only = No
create mask = 0660
force create mode = 0777
directory mask = 0777
[drive 3]
comment = drive 3 storage area - misc stuff
path = /usr/file_share
valid users = juan, patty, tony, shaun, angie
read only = No
create mask = 0777
directory mask = 0777

Juan Hernandez